Monday, December 15, 2008

Ummmmmmm duh!

OK so after reading the short story Speaking in Tongues, all I can say to Tia is DUH!!!!! OK, I understand that Tia was unhappy and I do agree that her culture was very demanding, but boy does she make some dumb decisions.

First she runs away to a big city where she doesn't even know if her mom is even alive and with hardly any money at all. Then she goes to McDonald's to get something to eat with the little money she has and a man starts staring at her. What does she do? She stares back!!!!!! That is a big no no. Then the next day he comes back. If a strange man came up to me and invited me back to his house to take care of a cut that I got from running away from a mad woman whose car I slept in, I would run the other way so fast that he wouldn't even be able to complete his question. But what does she do? She agrees to go with him. Another big no no.

After she spends one night there she leaves the next morning safely. She should have run then especially after she met the woman that told her what a bad man he is. But what does she do? She goes back with him yet again!!!!!!

Yes, this was a very terrible thing that happened to Tia but there were many chances where she could have prevented this. It drove me nuts while I was reading this that she wasn't taking care of herself.

5 comments:

Hannah T said...

I agree with you that she made some bad decisions, but there was really nothing else for her to do. She was trying to survive, so she stayed with Dezi. I definately wouldn't have done that, but she was sheltered her entire life so she didn't know that people could hurt her so much.

Kristi said...

Haha I completely agree! I feel the same way when I watch scary movies! It always seems like the "victim" WANTS to be seen, heard, or murdered. They make as much noise as possible, go into the scariest rooms, and split away from the group...idiots! Couldn't they make these things a little more realistic??

Erin said...

uhh yeah, no kidding kelsey! I deffinately agree!! What a crazy girl!! But i also have to agree with Hannah, she didn't really know any better, and she wanted change, so there wasn't anything else for her to do. But this was a good blog!

Nicole H. said...

Yeah so even though she was a sheltered child and didn't get out much you would still think that people would have some kind of common sence. At least from going to public school and it should have helped that she didn't talk much so she probably over heard a lot of conversations she definitly should have learned something from. But yeah, I totally agree with you it was almost too unreal of all of stupid mistakes she made.

chelsea said...

You are so right about how Tia's desicions basically lead up to all her misfortunes. But i think she was so shelter in her life that she didn't now any better.